Working Safely eLearning Course
Working safely is in the interest and concern of all staff – both employers and employees. Although most of the legal duties fall to the employer, Health and Safety law is one of the few pieces of legislation that also places duties on the employee.
There are three key reasons for managing risk at work – moral – not causing harm to work colleagues; legislative – the law requires it; and finally financial – as all accidents bear a cost to both parties.
This eLearning course covers why we should work safely, defines hazard and risk, identifying common hazards, improving safety performance and protecting the environment.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the benefits of working safely.
- Be able to define a hazard and a risk.
- Understand ways to improve safety performance.
- Be able to identify common hazards in practice.
- Understand the importance of protecting the environment.
- Know about hazard perception skills.
Approximate duration: 60 minutes
(Note: This duration is for guidance only and does not account for thinking time on the assessment questions).
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Available 24/7
- Friendly support team
Course suitable for:
All employees and employers wishing to improve their safety at work procedures. No previous training is required.
You may also be interested in:
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an email with your certificate.