Working at Height eLearning Course
The term ‘Working at Height’ applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious, such as working on platforms, ladders, scaffolding or stages through to working alongside deep trenches. The crucial element about working at height is, that it’s not how far you climb, but how far a person, materials or equipment can fall, all of which are a risk to anyone below.
This eLearning course is ideal for people who undertake any work at height, or who employs people who regularly work at height.
Working at Height is covered by health and safety legislation, specifically the Work at Height Regulations 2005. These regulations impose legal duties on both employers and employees to assess, control and minimise risks and hazards from work at height.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Be able to define working at height.
- Understand the dangers of working at height.
- Know the legislation and duties of the duty holder, employer and employee.
- Learn how to avoid working at height.
- Comprehend how to prevent fall risk and minimising the consequences.
- Understand the importance of Risk Assessments.
Approximate duration: 60 minutes
(Note: This duration is for guidance only and does not account for thinking time on the questions).
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an email with your certificate.