HBE runs regular training courses around the UK & Ireland throughout the year for our clients to attend.
BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services (UK/NI)
November 24 @ 9:00 am - November 25 @ 1:00 pm
Legionella Management training – Online
Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold water services one day training course
- The origins of legionella bacteria and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Operational controls.
- Outbreak investigation procedures.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and record keeping.
Course entry requirements:
Candidates must have:
- Prior knowledge of controlling legionella risk in domestic hot and cold water systems, such as Legionella Awareness course
- An understanding of the following HSE guidance documents:
- ACoP L8 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- HSG274 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease Parts 2 & 3
This is a level 4 BOHS qualification, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level, which indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification. This course covers the UK and Northern Ireland Legislation and Guidance.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our courses in the near future.