HBE runs regular training courses around the UK & Ireland throughout the year for our clients to attend.
BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services (Ireland)
November 17 @ 9:00 am - November 18 @ 1:30 pm
BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services
- The origins of legionella bacteria and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Operational controls.
- Outbreak investigation procedures.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and record keeping.
Course entry requirements:
Candidates must have:
- Prior knowledge of controlling legionella risk in domestic hot and cold water systems, such as having previously completed a Legionella Awareness course, and
- An understanding of the following relevant Irish legislation and Irish and UK guidance documents:
- HPSC National Guidelines for the Control of Legionellosis in Ireland, 2009
- UK HSE ACoP L8 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- UK HSE HSG274 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease Parts 2 & 3
This is a level 4 BOHS qualification which indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain this qualification. Please note that this course covers the Irish Legislation and relevant UK and Irish guidance.
If you would like to book a place or have any questions about the content or suitability of the course, please contact us on 1890 201018 from Ireland or 0333 207 5744 from NI/UK. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com.
The closing date to book a place on this course is 23rd October 2020.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our courses in the near future.