HBE runs regular training courses around the UK & Ireland throughout the year for our clients to attend.
BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services
November 17 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services one day training
- The origins of legionella bacteria and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Operational controls.
- Outbreak investigation procedures.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and record keeping.
Course entry requirements:
Candidates must have:
- Prior knowledge of controlling legionella risk in domestic hot and cold water systems, such as a Legionella Awareness course;
- An understanding of the following guidance documents:
- HPSC National Guidelines for the Control of Legionellosis in Ireland, 2009
- UK HSE ACoP L8 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- UK HSE HSG274 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease Parts 2 & 3
This is a level 4 BOHS qualification, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level, which indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
To book a place or should you have any questions about the content or suitability of the course, please contact us on 0333 207 5744 or 1890 201018 from Ireland. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com.
The closing date for bookings for this course is 23rd October 2020.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our courses in the near future.