Legionella Awareness Training
Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia caused by Legionella Bacteria in a water system. The Approved Code of Practice (ACOP L8) requires all “responsible people” to be competent.
This eLearning course explains the background to Legionella, the potential risks associated with water systems and how these can be controlled.
It helps you to understand the risk that Legionella poses and aids the development of systems and working practices you need to implement.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have knowledge about Legionella bacteria, where it is found and how it spreads.
- Be able to identify the health risks associated with legionellosis.
- Understand Legionnaires’ disease, outbreaks and control failings.
- Understand the legislation and role of a responsible person.
- Have knowledge of Risk assessment, Written Scheme, Review and Record Keeping
- Understand the risk and control measures for hot and cold water systems
Who is this course suitable for:
Suitable for all people that need to understand Legionella risk in Hot and Cold Water systems. The course is ideal for those who work in building management, design and maintenance roles.
Courses are available for both UK & Ireland Guidance/legislation.
Learners normally complete the training and assessment within 60 minutes.
Our Legionella Awareness training course contains 5 fully interactive training sections for the learner to work through at their own pace. The 5th section is a Legionella assessment to show understanding.
Each learner needs an individual e-mail. Courses can be taken on Desktop, Tablet or Mobile*.
*Subject matter should be considered.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will receive an email with their certificate