HSE research has found that the legionella outbreaks in recent years were as a result of:
- departures from planned maintenance schedules (allowing plant conditions to get worse, and longer periods for problems to develop);
- changes in the process (leading to changes in the risks, or rendering existing precautions ineffective);
- staff/contractor changes (leading to a loss of knowledge);
- intermittent use of plant (resulting in inconsistent control measures);
- unusual weather conditions (e.g. bacteria multiplying very fast in warm weather).
With the HSE now stepping up their inspections, it is important that the responsible person within your organisation is aware of their duties under the legislation.
Please find below details of our popular One day accredited course for ‘Legionella Awareness Training (To include Responsible Person Duties)’ that would be suitable for you and your colleagues.
The course will be taken by Simon French, the acclaimed Instructor and Conference Speaker, with over 20 years experience in Legionella Control.
Date:- Tuesday 26th March 2013
Time:- 9am-5pm (Registration at 8.45am)
Location:- Ramada Hotel, Shaws Bridge, Belfast BT8 7XP
Places are limited, therefore if you would like to book a place on the course, please contact me by email at email@example.com or call +44(0)845 6399673. Once we have received your details, we will send you joining instructions and details for registration.