HBE is a leading provider of compliance services to acute, primary and secondary healthcare providers across the UK and Ireland, delivering services including:
- Legionella Risk Assessment and Sampling programmes
- Flushing, Monitoring & Legionella management
- Pseudomonas management
- Point of Use reprocessable filter services
- Cleaning and Disinfection services
- Cooling Tower maintenance and disinfection
- Water Treatment services
- Classroom and elearning Legionella Awareness and Legionella Management training courses
Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Audits
- Fire risk assessments, consultancy & training
- Indoor Air Quality audits
- Specialised operating theatre validation and verification services
- Aspergillus sampling
- Compliance training in Legionella Awareness, Fire safety Awareness, COSHH, Manual Handling training.
A West Sussex Council has been issued with a regulatory notice for failing to assess fire and water hygiene risks in properties it is responsible for maintaining.
A well-known care home provider has been fined £3m following the death of a resident at an Essex nursing home after he contracted Legionnaires’ disease.
A UK health trust has been fined for failing to control the risk to patients from exposure to legionella bacteria in its water systems.
An inquest has heard that both process & training requirements were ignored at the Essex care home of a well known chain before the death of a resident from Legionnaires' disease.
In May 2016 the Department of Health released new Guidance for Safe Water in Healthcare documentation, Health Technical Memorandum HTM04-01.