ONLINE Ireland | BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services
BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services online training
- The origins of legionella bacteria and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Operational controls.
- Outbreak investigation procedures.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and record keeping.
Course entry requirements:
Candidates must have:
- Prior knowledge of controlling legionella risk in domestic hot and cold water systems, such as a Legionella Awareness course, and
- An understanding of the following guidance documents:
- HPSC National Guidelines for the Control of Legionellosis in Ireland, 2009
- UK HSE ACoP L8 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- UK HSE HSG274 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease Parts 2 & 3
This is a level 4 BOHS qualification, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level, which indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
If you would like to book a place or have any questions about the content or suitability of the course, please contact us on 1890 201018. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be running these courses online. The course will run online with two half day tutoring sessions over two days, concluding with an online BOHS invigilated exam on day two.
The closing date to book a place on this course is 4th June 2021.