ONLINE Ireland | BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services
BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold Water Services online training
- The origins of legionella bacteria and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Operational controls.
- Outbreak investigation procedures.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and record keeping.
Course entry requirements:
Candidates must have:
- Prior knowledge of controlling legionella risk in domestic hot and cold water systems, such as a Legionella Awareness course, and
- An understanding of the following guidance documents:
- HPSC National Guidelines for the Control of Legionellosis in Ireland, 2009
- UK HSE ACoP L8 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- UK HSE HSG274 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease Parts 2 & 3
This is a level 4 BOHS qualification, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level, which indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
If you would like to book a place or have any questions about the content or suitability of the course, please contact us on 1890 201018. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be running these courses online. The course will run online with two half-day tutoring sessions over two days, concluding with an online BOHS invigilated exam on day two.
The closing date to book a place on this course is 25th February 2022.