Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold water services online course
This BOHS accredited online course provides an overview of the risk of legionella infection and how it can be controlled in domestic type hot and cold water systems in compliance with UK regulatory requirements.
- The origins of legionella bacteria and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Operational controls.
- Outbreak investigation procedures.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and record keeping.
Course entry requirements:
Candidates must have:
- Prior knowledge of controlling legionella risk in domestic hot and cold water systems, such as Legionella Awareness course
- An understanding of the following HSE guidance documents:
- ACoP L8 (latest version) Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- HSG 274 (latest version) Legionnaires’ disease Parts 2 & 3
This is a level 4 BOHS qualification, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level, which indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
If you wish to book a place or have any questions about the content or suitability of the course, please contact us on 0333 207 5744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.