Management & Control of Building Hot & Cold water services online course
- The origins of legionella bacteria and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Operational controls.
- Outbreak investigation procedures.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and record keeping.
Course entry requirements:
Candidates must have:
- Prior knowledge of controlling legionella risk in domestic hot and cold water systems, such as Legionella Awareness course
- An understanding of the following HSE guidance documents:
- ACoP L8 (latest version) Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- HSG 274 (latest version) Legionnaires’ disease Parts 2 & 3
This is a level 4 BOHS qualification, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level, which indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.