HBE have made the decision, following a risk assessment, to run our popular public Legionella courses online rather than as classroom courses for the remainder of 2020.
Download the updated Legionella Control Association guidance for reopening buildings following COVID-19 closure.
Following our classification as an essential services provider, HBE is open for business, but not quite as usual. We are making the health, safety and well-being of our staff of paramount importance as well as managing the risks to our customers, their staff, building users and tenants when undertaking our works.
HBE's offices will be closed from Monday 23rd December until Thursday 2nd January (3rd January for Scotland). Our Customer Service Centre helpdesk will remain operational for emergencies over this period and can be contacted on 0333 207 5744 or 1890 201018 from Ireland.
The last sample collection dates for 2019 will be Friday 20th December for Legionella and Microbiological sample analysis.
Members of HBE's Scottish Water Hygiene team recently supported South Ayrshire Council's annual Beach Clean project.
Failures identified by the HSE during an investigation into a Council's water hygiene control measures failings concluded that in-house Council staff were inadequately trained to deliver the service to a satisfactory standard over a 10 year period.
As an organisation we take pride in the Quality of the services we deliver, so we're also celebrating the trust we work to develop between ourselves, our customers, our staff and our supply-chain.
- Regulatory notice issued to Council for Fire and Water Hygiene compliance GalleryConstruction, Education, Facilities & Property Management, Health, Hospitality, Housing Associations, Manufacturing & Industry, Pharmaceutical, Public Sector, Water
A West Sussex Council has been issued with a regulatory notice for failing to assess fire and water hygiene risks in properties it is responsible for maintaining.
A popular Nuneaton sports club has closed its doors for refurbishment works following a cricket match where two players contracted Legionnaires' disease.