Working Safely eLearning Course
Working safely is in the interest and concern of all staff – both employers and employees. Although most of the legal duties fall to the employer, Health and Safety law is one of the few pieces of legislation that also places duties on the employee.
There are three key reasons for managing risk at work – moral – not causing harm to work colleagues; legislative – the law requires it; and finally financial – as all accidents bear a cost to both parties.
This eLearning course covers why we should work safely, defines hazard and risk, identifying common hazards, improving safety performance and protecting the environment.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the benefits of working safely.
- Be able to define a hazard and a risk.
- Understand ways to improve safety performance.
- Be able to identify common hazards in practice.
- Understand the importance of protecting the environment.
- Know about hazard perception skills.
Approximate duration: 150 minutes
(Note: This duration is for guidance only and is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for either loading time or thinking time on the assessment questions).
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
1-9 Licenses £40
10+ Licenses £38
25+ Licenses £35
50+ Licenses £30
Prices are per license and exclude VAT.
- Approved by RoSPA
- Available 24/7
- Modular questions without time restrictions
- High quality video & audio
- Friendly support team
Course suitable for:
All employees and employers wishing to improve their safety at work procedures. No previous training is required.
You might be interested in:
The course consists of 7 online modules with questions at the end of each module.
You are given the chance to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will be given 3 attempts at each module to achieve a pass rate of 70% in modules 1-5; 66% in module 6 and 55% in the final module.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your certificate.