HBE runs regular training courses around the UK & Ireland throughout the year for our clients to attend.
UKATA Asbestos Awareness Training
February 9, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Asbestos Awareness training is a vital requirement for employers, property owners, facilities and building managers and those responsible for health and safety within their organisation.
If you are an employer, self employed person or an employee who is carrying out maintenance or refurbishment work in any building which has materials within it or on it that are likely to contain any type of asbestos, even if you do not handle it you must, by law undergo at least asbestos awareness training to comply with HSE legal requirements.
This ½ day UKATA Asbestos Awareness training course aims to increase participant’s awareness of asbestos and the correct measures to be used as the responsible person in a building with ACMs.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand asbestos properties and be able to identify different types of asbestos installations.
- List the legal requirements of working with asbestos.
- Explain the uses of asbestos and where it may be used/found.
- Explain the dangers and health risks associated with asbestos.
- List their responsibilities in managing asbestos.
The course will cover:
- The properties and types of asbestos fibres and its effect on health.
- Legislation / guidance on asbestos.
- The types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos.
- The role of asbestos surveys and understanding content.
- Safe work practices, control measures, and protective equipment.
- Emergency procedures (how to deal with an asbestos incident).
Training workbooks will be provided detailing the aspects discussed during the presentation. These notes can also be used for reference in the workplace.
Please note that in tandem with our efforts to be more environmentally friendly and in line with our ISO14001 targets, UKATA certificates will be submitted in electronic format. Hard copies of the certificates can be provided at an additional cost.
If you have any questions about the content or suitability of the programme, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 6399 673 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our courses in the near future.