HBE runs regular training courses around the UK & Ireland throughout the year for our clients to attend.
Introduction to Legionella Awareness training
September 28 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
This comprehensive Introduction to Legionella Awareness Training Course will give delegates a clear understanding of their responsibilities under ACoP L8 & HSG 274 Part 2 for controlling water systems.
This half day course has been developed to suit the varying candidate needs and levels of technical competence and experience.
To train all staff involved in the management and implementation of the Legionella control program for the client, through addressing issues that surround Legionnaires’ Disease, Legionella bacteria and the management of water systems in accordance with Legislation.
To provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of their responsibilities for controlling water systems to prevent and control the growth of Legionella bacteria, through discussing the following:
- Hot and cold water systems and knowledge on the risk of Legionella.
- Clinical Aspects
- Obligations and importance of compliance with legislation ACoP L8 – HSG 274 Part 2
- Procedures to control Legionella bacteria risks
Attendees will acquire skills and knowledge in:
- Hot and cold water testing and monitoring
- Flushing methodology
- Medical and legal aspects
- Documentation of control procedures
- Risk systems and design standards to control/ prevent growth of Legionella bacteria
- Introduction to Legionella
- Discussion of Legislation: Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH, ACoP L8 HSG 274 Part 2
- Legionella Bacteria and Legionellosis: Illnesses caused by legionella bacteria and how these are contracted
- Sources/ areas within systems which allow the legionella bacteria to exist, thrive and multiply
- System conditions and stagnation
- Temperature control
- Susceptible population
- Importance of recording and documentation of control measures
- Importance of allocation of responsibilities and responsible persons
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our courses in the near future.