UKATA Asbestos Awareness (Category A) Training
Our ½ day UKATA Asbestos Awareness classroom training course fulfils your obligations under the Control of Asbestos 2012 regulations/Control of Asbestos (NI) 2012.
Who will benefit?
If you are an employer, self employed person or an employee who is carrying out maintenance or refurbishment work in any building which has materials within it or on it that are likely to contain any type of asbestos, even if you do not handle it you must, by law undergo at least asbestos awareness training to comply with HSE legal requirements.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand asbestos properties and be able to identify types of asbestos.
- List the legal requirements of working with asbestos.
- Explain the uses of asbestos and where it may be used/found.
- Explain the dangers and health risks associated with asbestos.
- List their responsibilities in managing asbestos.
The UKATA Asbestos Awareness training will cover:
- The properties of asbestos and its effect on health.
- The types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos.
- Operations which could result in asbestos exposure & the importance of preventative control to minimise exposure.
- Managers’ responsibilities (how to protect employees and residents and avoid prosecution).
- The role of asbestos surveys and understanding content.
- Safe work practices, control measures, and protective equipment.
- Emergency procedures (how to deal with an asbestos incident)
This classroom course includes interactive activities throughout, helping to embed knowledge in a fun and memorable way. Its modular design means it can be completed in bite-size chunks learning at your own pace, around your schedule, typically lasting no more than four hours in total. Examples are backed up with real photos and case studies from the industry.
Hand-outs will be provided detailing the aspects discussed during the presentation. These notes can then be used post training for reference in the workplace. This course is approved by UKATA.
We run open UKATA Asbestos awareness training courses in Liverpool, Glasgow, Newry, Dublin and Cork. Please visit Events for open course dates.
HBE can also deliver this 1/2 day training on client site. Please ask us for details.
- UKATA approved
- Highly experienced trainers
Course suitable for:
Staff working in or responsible for a building containing ACMs including Building and Facilities Managers. No previous training is required.
You might be interested in:
I now have a clear understanding of how to identify possible asbestos.
I am involved in Housing Management and the course will make me more capable of deciding what steps to take when dealing with Asbestos/suspected asbestos materials.