Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults eLearning Course
This course is design for anyone who has a duty of care for, or comes into contact with, adults in need of care and support, either as a paid professional or a volunteer.
Both you and the organisation you work for must take appropriate and proportional measures necessary for the protection of adults in your care, while still ensuring they are supported and empowered to have control over how they want to live their lives.
This means that whatever the circumstance, you and the organisation you work for must take appropriate and proportional measures necessary for the protection of adults in your care, whilst ensuring they are supported and empowered to have control over how they want to live their lives.
During this course you will hear many facts, figures and details surrounding the risk to adults in need of care and support, the types of abuse suffered and key safeguarding legislation put in place to minimise the abuse of adults with care and support needs.
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Define the key terminology in relation to safeguarding;
- Identify the principle laws that relate to safeguarding and why they have been put in place to minimise abuse.
- Recognise and respond to the ten types of abuse suffered by vulnerable adults.
- Identify and report concerns of abuse or neglect.
- Describe your role, responsibilities and boundaries.
- Ensure people are supported and encouraged to make their own decisions and give informed consent.
- Manage the environment to minimise the risk of abuse.
Approximate duration: 75 minutes
(Note: This duration is for guidance only and is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for either loading time or thinking time on the assessment questions).
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
1-9 Licenses £30
10+ Licenses £28
25+ Licenses £25
50+ Licenses £20
Prices are per license and exclude VAT.
- Approved by CPD
- Available 24/7 – Work at your pace
- Modular questions without time restrictions
- High quality video & audio
- Friendly support team
Course suitable for:
Anyone who has a duty of care for, or comes into contact with, adults in need of care and support, either as a paid professional or a volunteer. Including those that work in domiciliary care, the NHS, community centres, prisons or with a family member at home.
You might be interested in:
This course consists of 5 online modules with questions at the end of each module.
You are given the chance to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will be given 3 attempts at each module to achieve a pass rate of 70%.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your certificate.