Manual Handling Training
This 1/2 day Manual Handling training is ideal for all employees involved in lifting, pushing or pulling activities in the workplace.
This manual handling training teaches delegates the correct lifting techniques to prevent back injury. Back injuries are one of the most
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations guidance outline duties for both employees and employers. They state the requirement that employees must be trained to correctly lift and handle materials, including the use of any equipment their employer provides to handle loads safely.
This course provides delegates with a greater awareness of the dangers that poor manual handling poses and provides practical solutions on how to improve handling techniques, how to move and handle loads safely, how to risk assess manual handling issues and the use of mechanical aids.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to define what Manual Handling is.
- Understand the anatomy of the spine, causes of back pain
- Moving & Handling Assessments
- Know the regulations relating to Manual Handling.
- Understand safe handling.
- Principles of safer moving & handling, using practical handling solutions.
- Understand how to use mechanical aids.
This is a 1/2 day course which is available to run on-site. Maximum 12 delegates.
We do not currently have any open courses scheduled for Manual Handling. To arrange an on-site course or to ask us about the suitability of this course for your delegates, contact us on 0845 6399 673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Available for on-site courses
- Delivered by qualified trainers
Course suitable for:
All staff within an organisation that require manual handling training. No previous training is required.
You might be interested in:
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a HBE Certificate.