Manual Handling eLearning Course
Manual handling, or to be accurate, incorrect manual handling techniques are one of the most common causes of work related injuries.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations were introduced to enforce the requirement for appropriate training.
The Regulations outline duties for both employees and employers. They state the requirement that employees must be trained to correctly lift and handle materials, including the use of any equipment their employer provides to handle loads safely.
This course provides learners with a greater awareness of the dangers that poor manual handling poses, as well as covering safe handling techniques, practical solutions to manual handling issues and the use of mechanical aids.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to define what Manual Handling is.
- Know the regulations relating to Manual Handling.
- Understand safe handling.
- Learn safe handling habits, using practical handling solutions.
- Understand how to use mechanical aids.
Approximate duration: 60 minutes (Note: This duration is for guidance only and does not account for thinking time on the assessment questions).
The course consists of modules with questions during each module.
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Available 24/7
- No completion time restrictions
- Friendly support team
Course suitable for:
All staff within an organisation that require manual handling training. No previous training is required.
You might be interested in:
The course consists of modules with questions at the end of each module.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an email with your certificate.