Legionella Awareness eLearning Course
Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia caused by Legionella Bacteria in a water system. ACoP L8 requires all “responsible people” to be suitably trained in Legionella awareness.
This eLearning course explains the background to Legionella, the potential risks associated with water systems and how these can be controlled.
It helps you to understand the risk that Legionella poses and aids the development of systems and working practices you need to implement.
The course is ideal for those who work in building management, design and maintenance roles.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have knowledge about Legionella bacteria and where it is found.
- Understand the legislation and role of a responsible person.
- Be able to identify the health risks associated with legionellosis.
- Understand the risks associated with cooling systems.
Approximate duration: 60 minutes (Note: This duration is for guidance only and does not account for thinking time on the assessment questions).
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Work at your own pace
- Modular questions without time restrictions
- Friendly support team
Suitable for all poeple that need to understand Legionella risk in Hot and Cold Water systems.
You might be interested in:
The course consists of modules with questions at the end of each module.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive your certificate by email.