Emergency First Aid at Work
This one-day Emergency First Aid at Work classroom training is designed to introduce a systematic method for first aid for managing casualties. The course is a balance of learning and practical activities intermixed with scenarios of real situations.
Emergency First Aid is the immediate assistance given to someone who is ill or injured. The role of a First Aider at work is to assess the scene, so that accurate information can be passed to Emergency services and then to act appropriately that may make the difference between life and death of a patient.
Anyone can become a first aider in a low hazard work environment such as an office or shop. This one day classroom covers all the syllabus specified within the HSE guidance.
The course covers:
- The fundamental workings of the body,in particular the heart, lungs and airway;
- Recognising the difference between healthy, ill and injured;
- Recording the baseline measurements of the vital body functions;
- The introduction of a system to cope with all incidents, as safely as possible.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of the first aider;
- Understand the importance of preventing cross infection;
- Know the need for recording incidents and accidents;
- Use available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious;
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds and small splinters.
This course is run on-site to suit your time-scales. A maximum of 12 delegates per course.
Courses must be confirmed two weeks before delivery to allow notification to the HSENI where appropriate.
- Delivered by qualified trainers
- Delivered on site
- Covers HSE syllabus
- Accredited by REC
Course suitable for:
All staff within a low risk environment such as an office or shop.
You might be interested in:
The course is run by a HSENI & REC accredited trainer. Upon successful completion of the course, certificates are awarded which are valid for 3 years.
If you have any questions about the suitability of the course for your delegates, contact our training team on 0845 6399 673 or email email@example.com.