Display Screen Equipment (DSE/VDU) eLearning Course
This course is for users of display screen equipment (DSE), where a user is anyone who regularly uses display screen equipment for a significant part of their normal work.
What do we mean by display screen equipment?
The first thing most people think of is a computer monitor. But that’s not the only thing it refers to Display screen equipment (DSE) could also mean a laptop, tablet PC, television, smartphone, CNC control pad, portable diagnostic screen or equipment containing cathode ray tubes, or CRTs.
This eLearning course fulfils your statutory training obligations under the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 and the Display Screen Equipment Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1992.
Both employers and employee‐users have responsibilities under the legislation.
According to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), surveys have found that a high proportion of DSE workers report aches, pains or eye discomfort. These aches and pains are sometimes called upper limb disorders (ULDs), which can include a range of medical conditions such as RSI. Although most of these conditions do not indicate any serious ill health, it makes sense to avoid them as far as possible.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the importance of DSE and what is covered under the regulations.
- Know the legislation and how it applies to them.
- Understand the measures needed to protect their body.
- Know how to adjust their chair and screen.
- Have guidance on how to manage their work arrangements, including
- Setting up their work station.
- Adjusting their work environment.
Approximate duration: 60 minutes (Note: The duration is for guidance only and does not account for loading time or any thinking time for the assessment questions).
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Available 24/7
- Modular questions without time restrictions
- Friendly support team
Course suitable for:
All employees that use DSE/VDU for more than one hour a day.
You might be interested in:
The course consists of modules with questions at the end of each module.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an email with your certificate.