BOHS P901 Legionella Management & Control in Hot & Cold Water Services
This course is designed to provide an overview of the risks associated with Legionella and how it can be controlled in building hot and cold water systems.
On successful completion of this one day course, the delegate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- The origins of legionella and the factors which allow it to proliferate to hazardous levels in man-made water systems.
- The main conditions which cause legionella infection to occur in susceptible individuals.
- The fundamental principles of assessing the risk of exposure to legionella in domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The legal requirements, approved codes of practice and best practice guidance.
- Implementation of legionella control regimes with suitable monitoring programmes and records.
The course content covers:
- Introduction and history of the organism
- Legislation and Guidance
- Risk Assessment of Systems
- Operational Control
- Outbreak Investigation procedures
- Record Keeping
- Case Studies
This is a level 4 qualification in the BOHS qualifications framework, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level.
Before taking the qualification, candidates should have a basic understanding of legionella risk control principles. Candidates are recommended to take the P900 Foundation course if they have no prior experience of controlling or managing legionella risk in water systems, although it is not a compulsory pre-requisite.
Candidates should also have a basic understanding of the following guidance documents:
- L8 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- HSG274 (latest version), Legionnaires’ disease Part 2: The control of legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems
Candidates will also need basic literacy and numeracy skills.
£130 Exam fee
£200+VAT Tuition fee
- BOHS proficiency module
- Available on-site or open course
Course suitable for:
Delegates needing an overview of Legionella Risk and how it can be controlled in hot and cold water systems.
You may also be interested in:
The course completes with a closed-book examination, comprising 20 short answer questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
Successful completion of the exam will lead to a BOHS accredited Level 4 proficiency certificate in Legionella—Management and Control of Building Hot and Cold Water Services, which is equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC level.
Please note that this is a highly intensive one day course which requires mandatory pre-course reading.