A popular Nuneaton sports club has closed its doors for refurbishment works following a cricket match where two players contracted Legionnaires' disease.
HBE are pleased to announce that we have achieved Gold ConstructionLine status for our Legionella, Asbestos and Fire Services.
HBE has been successful in securing a place on the Fusion21 National Compliance and Facilities Management framework to provide Legionella monitoring services as a direct result of our commitment to quality and value for money demonstrated throughout the evaluation process.
Check out our 2017 Compliance Training Course brochure
Waltham Forest council is being prosecuted by the HSE following an investigation into the management of asbestos at the Town Hall. The HSE is prosecuting the authority over alleged breaches of the Health & Safety at Work Act and the Control of Asbestos Regulations relating to the discovery of asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in a [...]
In September 2011, Carrickfergus Borough Council contracted an unqualified water management company as a contractor to assess the risks associated with its water systems at the Carrickfergus Amphitheatre. The contractor had no specific training in legionellosis, or health and safety. The HSE carried out a routine visit to the site in November 2011 and found [...]
Thurrock Council has been fined a total of £35,000 and ordered to pay £15,326 in costs after admitting to failures in how it managed asbestos across its schools. The Crown Court heard that no action was taken despite the fact that the Council was made aware of asbestos concerns in a boiler room at a Junior School. [...]
Many Public Sector buildings contain Asbestos, however the general public are increasingly aware of the sheer number of public access buildings which contain this material. The spot light has continued to shine on asbestos within public sector buildings following the news articles covering the prosecution of Belfast City Hospital over Asbestos failings, through to the [...]
Staffordshire County Council and a refurbishment firm have been fined for exposing a nursery class, school staff and two joiners to asbestos fibres after failing to identify Asbestos and handle the accordingly. The refurbishing company was working at Glenthorne Community Primary School in Cheslyn Hay for the council when the incident happened in February 2009. [...]
Higher than acceptable levels of Legionella Bacteria have been found in Shower heads through routine testing at a Community Centre in Scotland. It would appear that at last the message is getting though and that organisations are heeding the lessons learned from Edinburgh and Stoke on Trent. Dundee City Council discovered the health risk through [...]