A Discount Warehouse store has been fined £1m for their failings in 2012, where a Legionnaires' disease outbreak was caused by a display hot tub in the store, where 21 people were infected with Legionella bacteria, two of whom died.
Check out our 2017 Compliance Training Course brochure
A restaurant owner has been given a prison sentence and fined a total of £29,000 after admitting a number of fire safety failings at his restaurant in Nottinghamshire. When Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) visited the premises, they identified a number of issues including fundamental layout issues relating to protection of the staircase, the [...]
The justice has sent a clear message to Hotel owners in a recent ruling where a Paignton hotel owner has been given a suspended prison sentence after “hair-raising” fire safety defects were found within the premises. The Hotel owner was sentenced to six months imprisonment, suspended for two years, at Exeter Crown Court in June. [...]
Legionnaires’ Disease outbreak in Chicago Hotel Three cases of Legionnaires’ disease have been linked to the Marriott Chicago hotel, and public health officials and the hotel are reaching out to people who stayed there to warn them of possible exposure. A possible 8500 guests who stayed at the hotel between July 16 and Aug 15 [...]
A grandmother was scalded to death at a luxury Bournemouth hotel, after staff increased the hot tap temperature, to limit the risk of Legionnaires' disease. The grandmother, aged 86, was scalded to death when she took a bath when staying at the hotel in Bournemouth. The pensioner suffered extensive burns to her lower limbs and [...]
It has been confirmed that Legionella bacteria has been found in the Spa pool at the Playboy Mansion. An investigation followed after 123 people fell sick after a conference at the venue in February this year. Some people have suggested this is was down to an outbreak of flu, however, it has now been confirmed [...]
A Hotel leisure club near Dundee has been closed upon 66 members of staff & visitors feeling unwell and one hospitalisation. A man is being treated in hospital for Legionnaires’ disease after using a hotel’s leisure club in Dundee. NHS Tayside confirmed the case after launching an investigation along with environmental health officers at the [...]