Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
This one-day Automated External Defibrillator (AED) classroom training will help delegates to be able to use the equipment in the right circumstances.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are now in place at many workplaces, public and leisure areas. They are proven to save lives and are therefore an invaluable addition to health and safety provision for your employees.
This one day course is ideal for staff working in environments where an AED has been installed. No previous training is required to undertake this course.
- Safety for self, bystanders and the casualty;
- Accident procedures including Safe airway position (SAP);
- A basic life skills refresher;
- Understanding and recognising a cardiac arrest;
- CPR: cardiopulmonary resuscitation and UK and European Resuscitation guidelines;
- Safe and effective use of an AED; and
- Record keeping
The assessment process is that all students must complete:
- A written examination paper; and
- A practical examination consisting of a demonstration of CPR and use of an AED.
This course is run on-site to suit your time-scales. A maximum of 12 delegates per course.
- Delivered by qualified trainers
- Delivered on site
- Accredited by REC
Course suitable for:
All staff within an environment where an AED has been installed.
You may also be interested in:
The course is run by a HSENI & REC accredited trainer. The skills gained in an AED course need to be refreshed on a regular basis to avoid skill loss, therefore the certificate awarded upon successful completion of this course is valid for 1 year.
If you have any questions about the suitability of the course for your delegates, contact our training team on 0845 6399 673 or email email@example.com.