Asbestos Awareness for Designers and Architects
This eLearning course covers all areas of asbestos awareness. It has been designed specifically for Architects and designers who may come into contact with asbestos in their work.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012 applies to employers, employees, self-employed persons and duty holders and covers all work with asbestos containing materials (ACMs).
Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes Architects and Designers who’s role is affected by the presence of Asbestos in buildings.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand why ACMs can be harmful and must be treated as a hazardous substance.
- Understand the health effects that asbestos can have.
- Understand the measures needed to eliminate or reduce the risks from asbestos.
- Know the responsibilities of employers and employees under legislation.
- Understand the necessary emergency procedures.
- Understand how Asbestos affects your role as an Architect or Designer.
Approximate duration: 75 minutes
(Note: This approximate time is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for loading or thinking time for the assessment questions).
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
1-9 Licenses £30
10+ Licenses £28
25+ Licenses £25
50+ Licenses £20
Prices are per license and exclude VAT.
- Approved by RoSPA
- Work at your pace – Available 24/7
- Modular questions without time restrictions
- High quality video & audio
- Friendly support team
Course suitable for:
Architects and Designers working with buildings constructed before Year 2000.
You might be interested in:
The course consists of 5 modules with questions at the end of each module.
You are given the chance to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will be given 3 attempts at each module to achieve a pass rate of 100%.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your certificate.