Asbestos Awareness (Category A) eLearning Course
The Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012 applies to employers, employees, self-employed persons and duty holders and cover all work with asbestos containing materials (ACMs).
Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos.
By the end of this Asbestos Awareness online training course learners will:
- Understand why ACMs can be harmful and must be treated as a hazardous substance.
- Understand the health effects that asbestos can have.
- Understand the measures needed to eliminate or reduce the risks from asbestos.
- Know the responsibilities of employers and employees under legislation.
- Understand the necessary emergency procedures.
Duration: 65 minutes
(Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
This Asbestos Awareness training covers all areas of asbestos awareness and is designed for anyone who may come into contact with asbestos in their work. Most commonly, that includes builders, plumbers, electricians, carpenters and other building related and maintenance trades.
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
1-9 licenses £30 each
10+ licenses £28 each
25+ licenses £25 each
50+ licenses £20 each
Prices per license & excl VAT
- RoSPA & IATP approved
- Available 24/7
- Modular assessments with no time limits
- Complies with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Friendly Support team
Course suitable for:
All staff who require Asbestos Awareness training. No previous training is required.
You might be interested in:
The course consists of 4 modules with questions at the end of each module.
You are given the chance to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will be given 3 attempts at each module to achieve a pass rate of 100%.
Upon the successful completion of this eLearning course, you will be able to download your certificate.