Asbestos Awareness (Category A) eLearning Course
The Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012 applies to employers, employees, self-employed persons and duty holders and cover all work with asbestos containing materials (ACMs).
Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos.
By the end of this Asbestos Awareness online course, learners will:
- Understand why ACMs can be harmful and must be treated as a hazardous substance.
- Understand the health effects that asbestos can have.
- Understand the measures needed to eliminate or reduce the risks from asbestos.
- Know the responsibilities of employers and employees under legislation.
- Understand the necessary emergency procedures.
Duration: 60 minutes
(Note: This is estimate does not account for thinking time to answer the questions).
This Asbestos Awareness training covers all areas of asbestos awareness and is designed for anyone who may come into contact with asbestos in their work.
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Available 24/7
- Complies with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Friendly Support team
Course suitable for:
All staff who require Asbestos Awareness training. No previous training is required.
You might be interested in:
Upon the successful completion of this eLearning course, you will receive an email with your certificate.