Abrasive Wheels eLearning Course
There are a wide range of tools and processes that use abrasive wheels and ensuring these are used correctly and safely is of paramount importance. Applications range from hand grinding to disc cutting. They can be used at all stages of a work process, including preliminary cuts and scores in materials through to fine polishing and finishing.
This eLearning course is ideal for people who use abrasive wheels in their work, or employers with staff who use abrasive wheels as part of their role.
Different wheels have different properties and characteristics making them suitable for particular tasks. They can also pose different risks and hazards in handling and use. For this reason, it’s important that users always select the appropriate abrasive wheel for the job and use it with the right machinery.
The course covers the anatomy of an abrasive wheel, the dangers associated with their use, storage and handling and much more.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Learn about different Abrasive wheels.
- Understand the anatomy of an Abrasive wheel.
- Know the dangers of Abrasive wheels and safety measures to be taken.
- Learn about safe speeds and wheel markings.
- Understand storage methods, checking and testing procedures.
- Know about inspections, certification and testing.
Approximate duration: 100 minutes
(Note: This duration is for guidance only and is based on the amount of video content shown. It does not account for either loading time or thinking time on the assessment questions).
The course consists of 11 online modules with questions at the end of each module.
You are given the chance to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission and you will be given 3 attempts at each module to achieve a pass rate of 70%.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your certificate.
IT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
1-9 Licenses £30
10+ Licenses £28
25+ Licenses £25
50+ Licenses £20
Prices are per license and exclude VAT.
- Work at your own pace
- Modular questions without completion time restrictions
- High quality video & audio
- Friendly support team
Course suitable for:
Anyone who uses abrasive wheels in their work. No previous training required.